So you just purchased a new home from URBINCO. You are over-the-moon excited, can’t believe you finally found a home – your home; and already you are planning the guestlist for your housewarming gala.
Later that night, you lay down in bed, filled with contentment knowing you will soon be moving into your new home, when suddenly it occurs to you, ‘there is an entire house that I’m responsible for; full of appliances I have never used before’.
You start to wonder about all the appliances in your new home, will you know how they work? What happens if there are issues? How will you find out about warranty coverage? What about general home maintenance? Will you be able to find the correct colour for touch-up paint? Your mind begins to unravel with all the “what ifs” and “hows” it can possibly imagine. Or does it?
Whether it’s your first home or your third, buying a new home is a big decision. It is often accompanied with feelings of exhilaration and joy, but also angst surrounding the unknowns associated with acquiring a property that you have yet to become intimately acquainted with.
Recognizing that the process of taking ownership over a new home can be a tad overwhelming for some, URBINCO has implemented several tools and resources to help ease the stress associated with settling into and getting to know the ins and outs of your new home. In this article, we will look at the tools and resources URBINCO includes with their new homes to give new home owners peace of mind.
Peace of Mind with a 7-year Tarion Home Warranty
First and foremost, all new homes from URBINCO come fully covered with a Tarion Home Warranty. The Tarion Home Warranty on new homes in Ontario is comprised of three coverage periods including; one-year, two-year, and seven-years.
“The warranty on work and materials lasts for seven years from the date you take possession of your new home, and provides up to a maximum of $300,000 in coverage. It is divided into three coverages as follows:”
- Requires that your home is built properly and free from defects in materials
- Ensures your home is fit for habitation
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations
- Protects against water penetration through the basement or foundation walls
- Protects against defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking, or defects in work that result in water penetration into the building envelope
- Covers defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing, and heating delivery and distribution systems
- Covers defects in work or materials that result in the detachment, displacement, or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brick work, aluminum, or vinyl siding)
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations that affect health and safety
Provides coverage against major structural defects. These include:
- Defects in work or materials that affect a structural load bearing element of the home, resulting in a structural failure, or that could materially and adversely compromise the home’s structural integrity
- Defects in work or materials that materially and adversely affect the use of a significant portion of the home
(29/07/21) Source: www.tarion.com
*The information above regarding the Tarion New Home warranty is accurate as of July 29, 2021, and was copied verbatim from Tarion.com. The accuracy of this information is subject to change. For the most current and accurate information on Tarion new home warranties, please visit Tarion.com.
The Tarion Home Warranty program is quite extensive and the above points are just the tip of the iceberg. For those interested in learning more, we highly recommend heading on over to Tarion’s Learning Hub for further information.
With the above in mind, it is clear to see how the Tarion home warranty provides years of peace of mind knowing the core integrity and craftsmanship of your new home is covered. The Tarion warranty provides a significant advantage to URBINCO new home buyers when compared to a person buying a resale home for instance, which are typically sold as is, with no guarantees. Even when a resale home is a new build home i.e. rebuild to flip, they typically only include a one-year builder warranty.
Managing Maintenance, Appliance Manuals and Warranties
The days of having drawers full of hard copy appliance manuals and warranty cards hidden around the house are over. Every new URBINCO home comes with a 3-year subscription to Home Owner Central App by CONASYS.
Via the app, which is available for both iPhone and Android users as well as on the web, homeowners can access a wealth of information through an intuitive interface that provides:
- room-by-room access to your home’s products including operating manuals, care and maintenance, and warranty information
- receive a reminder when maintenance is due and see a list of recommended actions
- a simple service request system for sending warranty deficiencies to your builder
- a message center that allows you to communicate with your builder quickly and easily
A standard seven-year Tarion home warranty is applied to every home URBINCO builds, and as such, you can feel confident that there won’t be any unexpected surprises or costs in the years following your big purchase.
Additionally, the Home Owner Central App will keep all your appliance documents organized and centralized. The app provides reminders and useful tips about maintenance. If anything should go wrong, the app easily allows you to submit issues to URBINCO via the communications portal.
Now that we have reviewed the various resources URBINCO has implemented to give peace of mind to new homeowners, all that’s left to do is figure out who is making the list for your housewarming soiree.
Are you interested in purchasing a new home in Toronto? URBINCO has several new homes and homes currently being built in the Toronto area. Checkout Bliss on Joicey located in the Avenue and Lawrence area, The Alderwood located in the Alderwood / Long Branch area, and The Roseland which is also located in the Alderwood / Long Branch area.